Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Reagan!

My "baby" girl turned three yesterday!  I wanted to post this on her actual birthday but we lost power due to a wind and rain storm (the first time we have lost power in the 4.5 years we have lived here!).

I absolutely cannot believe that she is already three.  It truly feels like yesterday when I was laboring on the floor watching Mission Impossible before heading to the hospital.  Time is flying by much too quickly. 

Dear Reagan,

Happy Birthday sweet girl!  How are you already such a big girl?  Mommy cannot believe that you are three years old!  You are no longer a baby and really not even a toddler anymore.  Instead you are growing everyday to be such an amazing little girl.  You are so, so smart.  I can't help but feel proud when you say words in Spanish or "read" a book you have memorized or show off by reciting the alphabet, colors, numbers, and shapes (yes, people, she knows what a trapazoid is!). 

You are so wonderful to your sister, always concerned when she is crying or getting into something you know she shouldn't be getting into.  You talk to her with such kind words that sometimes you bring tears to my eyes.

I feel so lucky that I get a front row seat to your childhood.  Although seeing you turn three is bittersweet, I look forward to the following year.  I know it is going to be full of amazing experiences and memory making moments. 

I love you forever and always,

Mommy

Here are some pictures from Reagan's birthday party brunch on Saturday:





No comments:

Post a Comment