Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Why Blog?

As I write this, Reagan is a little over 2 1/2 and Madilynn is already 4 months.  Every day something new, funny, or amazing comes out of Reagan's mouth.  And every day Madilynn is growing more and more into a baby and losing more and more the look of an infant. 

When Reagan was a baby, I used to think that I would always remember the milestones.  As she has gotten older and started to talk, I thought that I would always remember the funny things she would say.  But I have quickly realized that there are too many "firsts", too many cute phrases, too many wonderful moments.  At least once a week Trey will say, "Do you remember when...." and I cannot believe that I forgot about that moment of which he is speaking. 

So the purpose of this blog is to try to preserve those moments, those firsts, those tales that are shaping who my little girls will become.  Because if there is one thing I have already learned in the few years I have been a mommy, it is that the days and the moments are passing me by much too quickly.  Although I can't make time stand still, I hope to capture some of those tales in words and pictures.  I also plan on posting some of Reagan's past memorable moments before they too fade from memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment